Sometimes your phones’ IMEI no. may be lost while installing a customized ROM. But this incident is very rare. For dual SIM handsets there are two numbers and in case of single SIM there is only one number that you will find in ‘About phone’. As this is a problem so there should be the solution of it. The good news is that you can change/restore your number by a very easy and simple method which we have shared below for your convenience how to do it. You can not only try this methodology on Android handsets but also on Tablets as well. However it has been found that some handsets do not support this methodology but do not get panic. If your MTK handset does not support it then you can follow the same procedure by installing the utility ‘MTK Engineering Mode’ for free from Google Play Store.
Note: Before going for the installation of custom ROM jot down or save your number(s) so that later they may help you without creating any fuss. Below we have shared an easy method of how to restore IMEI on Android. Must take a look!!!
Few Steps how to restore IMEI on Android devices Easily
As we have already said that this may or may not work on your handset but at give it a try. If you really want to know how to restore your IMEI on Android handsets then you are at the right place and follow the instructions.
- Go to the Dialer and type *#*#3646633#*#* code after which you may enter the ‘Engineering mode’.
- Swipe left on the screen to ‘Connectivity’ icon. In ‘connectivity’ tap on ‘CDS information’.
- Then tap on ‘Radio information’ option and then on Phone 1.
- Now enter the command as it is: AT+EGMR=1,7,THE-FIRST-IMEI-NUMBER. After entering this command tap on Enter.
- If you have dual SIM then enter the command as it is: AT+EGMR=1,10,THE-SECOND-IMEI-NUMBER. Again tap on Enter.
Hope that this will help you a lot and you will all like our article about how to restore IMEI on Android gadgets. If you appreciate our work then do share it with your friends and other connections and help them out by using these easy instructions. That’s all!!!