Sony Xperia Z2 and Z3 running Android 5.0.2 having a build number 23.1.A.28 are now officially able to root. This update has been recently announced and therefore we have brought out this post to tell you how to do it on your handset. In the given tutorial, we'll give you the directions to turn your Xperia flagship from non-rooted modest phone to a rooted warrior like a samurai who can audaciously ramble in the feral forest of automation, custom ROMs, battery, tweaks, rooted Apps etc. You can block Ads in any App; remove preinstalled crapware and most important thing that you get more access to your phone than ever before. Before going for the flashing your handset should be updated and if you not have updated it to the latest Lollipop version then first update your phone. Otherwise you cannot flash your device. So, if you fulfill the above requirements then you are free for flashing. Below is the procedure with easy words so that you can flash your phone easily.
Initial Steps How To Root Sony Xperia Z2 and Z3 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Easily
- Make back up of your important data so that it remains safe.
- Make sure that your handset has at least 80% battery.
- Updated phone to the latest OS version.
Few Steps How To Root Sony Xperia Z2 and Z3 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Firstly download the XperiaRoot_ALP.zip package and extract the zip file from it. A folder ‘XperiaRoot’ will appear.
- Open the folder and you will see ALP folder containing following files as Busybox.apk, Recovery.apk, Root.apk, SuperSU.zip.
- Move all these files to your phone’s memory.
- Now navigate to Settings > Securities and check the option of ‘Unknown sources’ so that third party Applications can be installed.
- Install ‘Root.apk’ which you have already copied in your phone’s memory. Open and tap on ‘Root’ icon and wait until your handset is rooted.
- After the flash install ‘Busybox.apk’ and ‘Recovery.apk’.
- Open the installed ‘Recovery.apk’ App and tap on ‘Install Recovery’.
- Now power off your device and when it is completely off press ‘Power on’ button. When LED light starts blinking press ‘Volume Up or Down’ keys couple of times until you get into Recovery mode.
- Now in the Recovery mode, select ‘Install’ and find the ‘SuperSU.zip’ file from the folder.
- Finally reboot your handset device. You will see ‘SuperSU App’ in the App drawer. In order to check root access by using any Root checker available on the Play Store. All done!!!
Hope that this article will help you in flashing your updated handset and if you like our article about how to root Sony Xperia Z2 and Z3 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, then share it with your friends and other connections. Share your problems in the below comment box and we will surely try to fix it. For more information about tech and flashing phones then visit AndroidSega. That’s all!!!