If you are looking to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via CM10.1 Nightly ROM custom firmware, then you are at the right place. CynogenMod Team has already released update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500. CM10.1 enables you to install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Android version on Smartphones as well as Tablets. A number of issues are fixes in this custom firmware which is very good news and it is updated daily. There are such awesome features that you will never see them in previous Jelly Bean stock firmware. So, follow the instructions given below and install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your Tab.
Initial Steps Before Update For Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 By CM10.1
- Make backup of data and fully charge your Android device.
- Already installed USB Driver on your PC and USB debugging should be enabled on your Android device.
- Pre installed ClockworkMod Recovery and your device should be rooted.
- Download CM10.1 For Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Google Apps.
In our recent article we have shared how to install Android 4.3 Galaxy S3. Also see this one.
Few Steps How To Update For Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 To Nightly ROM
- First connect your device with PC and copy the downloaded files without extracting in your device SD card.
- Turn off and disconnect your Tab.
- Press and hold ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Power’ button together until Samsung logo flash twice. Leave the button. You will see Recovery menu.
- First make a backup by going to ‘Backup and Restore’ and select ‘Backup’. Once complete go back to main menu.
- Now select Wipe data/Factory reset and then tap on ‘Yes’.
- Go back to main menu and select Wipe Cache partition.
- Once done select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advanced options.
- Now select Install zip and choose from your SD card. Find 'cm-10.1-20131117-NIGHTLY-p4.zip' file and tap on ‘Yes’. The ROM
- Once installation is completed, repeat the upper step but this time choose 'gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip' file.
- After complete installation, come back to main menu. Select ‘Reboot system now’ which will boot up into Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It will take some time.
- Once done you have successfully made update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 by CM10.1 Nightly ROM custom firmware.
Note: If you want to return to previous ROM Boot into recovery>Backup and Restore and restore by selecting ROM from the list.