Apple announced new Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 a time ago. In this article we are going to tell you How to Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 on your PC. The procedure is lengthy one but if you want to have the Mac on your PC or laptop then you will surely want to try this. But you have to read the instructions very carefully for many times at least two to three times. The reason is that you have to pay to Apple App Store in order to proceed and if you didn’t download that fie then you cannot proceed. So, if you have read the whole procedure then go for it, otherwise enjoy with your PC Windows.
Requirements for How to Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 on PC
- A copy of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Running Mac OS X
- Minimum 8GB USB flash drive
- An HDD to install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- A lot of your time
- Some major files which you can download from Here.
Few easy steps for How to Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 on PC
- First of all Format your Hard Drive.
- In order to Install Mountain Lion 10.8 add a separate HDD.
- Go to ‘Disk Utility’, select your USB flash Drive and format it as Mac OS Extended and click on ‘Erase’. Let your Disk Utility open.
- Download Mac OS X Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store for $19.99.
- The installer will show it in Applications folder.
- Right click on the ‘Installer’ and click on “Show Package Contents”. Go to the Contents > SharedSupport and locate “InstallESD.dmg” file and mount it.
- Run ‘show hide files’ found in the ZIP file which you have already downloaded.
- Now open Terminal.app and run this command (open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg) in the terminal.
- Now go to ‘Disk Utility’ and select install partition/Flash Drive.
- Then click on Restore and drag the Mac OS X Base System.dmg found on your desktop to the ‘Source’. Now drag your Install Partition/USB to the ‘Destination’ and click on ‘Restore’ and then click on ‘Erase’.
- The process will take 15-30 minutes to install, after installation you’ll end up with two ‘Mac OS X Base System’ drives on Desktop. Find out which one is USB drive, right click on it and then to ‘Get Info’ and check the capacity.
- Now open Flash drive, steer to System > installation and you’ll find a link to Packages, remove it and create a new folder named as ‘Packages’.
- Copy the contents of Packages from original Mac OS X Install ESD.
- Now copy the two .Kexts files, found in the ML_OSx86_iHackintosh folder to System > library > extensions.
- In the very next step copy and navigate to the ‘OSInstall’ file to System > Library > PrivateFrameworks > Install.framework > Frameworks > OSInstall.framework > Versions > A and write again what is already written there.
- Then copy and navigate the ‘OSinstall.mpkg’ to System > Installation > Packages and again write what is already written.
- Now launch the ‘Chameleon install package’ and select customized install with all the enablers.
- Further, copy the Mach_kernel present in the root of ‘Mac OS X install ESD’ to the root of Partition/USB drive.
- Move the ‘Chamleon’ package to the root of Partition/USB drive.
- Now to install Mountain Lion 10.8 fix the USB drive in your PC and boot from your USB drive.
- ‘Chameleon boot-loader’ will arise on the screen. Highlight your flash drive, add –v and then push ‘Enter’.
- After the reboot, boot back into the installer. Go to Utilities and Terminal and type following commands.
Remember: Replace your 10.8 Installation Drive with the name of your install partition.
- Now boot from USB and select the Drive where you have installed Mountain Lion and boot effusive.
- Go for the setup 10.8 of fresh installation and after boot into Mac OS X, launch Chameleon and select all the Options.
The procedure is complete and you are with your new OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. If you have any trouble, comment below and if you like then share more as you can and keep visiting AndroidSega. That’s all!!!