Are you looking for How to install Snow Leopard in VMware 7? Actually the fact is that you cannot completely modify your.VMX file. But do not get frustrated. You can do a little bit modifications to .VMX file. You might think that why is this so? The reason is that Apple has not officially licensed virtualization for this Mac version as a client. You cannot do modifications on Windows as the Apple license allows modifications only on Apple hardware. Anyhow, there are some modifications that can be done. If you want complete modifications then go for buying Mac and get full modification of Mac OS X on VMware.
Requirements you should know for Snow Leopard Download
- Intel based Machine
- Already made Snow Leopard VMDK, dariwn_snow.iso Download (Rapidshare), (Rapidshare 1)(Mediafire) Or (Megaupload)
- Retail DVD of Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6
- VMWARE 7 and Windows XP, Vista or 7
- A lot of time and patience
Instructions For Downloading Snow Leopard On Windows
- First of all run VMware Workstation and load .VMX file fron the above package.
- Go to ‘Edit virtual machine settings’.
- Edit the VMWARE settings like Memory, Processor, Networking, Adaptors etc.
- Also select CD/DVD drive options and in ‘Connection’ select ‘Use ISO image file’ and browse the ‘Darwin_Snow.iso’.
- Power on the Virtual machine and keeping your finger on F8 press it very quickly.
- Similar to Boot 132 method replace the boot CD with Retail Install DVD of Snow Leopard 10.6.
- Right click on the CD icon and click on ‘Settings’.
- Alter the options from ISO image in ‘Connection’ to ‘Use physical drive’ and make sure you have Retail DVD. Then save and exit from there.
- Go to the boot screen and select ‘Boot DVD’ by pressing ‘C’ key. Press F8 and type ‘–v’ at the boot prompt and click ‘Enter’.
- Installation screen will appear almost after 3 minutes.
- Open ‘Disk Utility’, erase VMware HDD into ‘Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)’ format and uncheck language translations and printer drivers. Virtual Machine will reboot automatically once installation finishes.
- In the last repeat the Step 4. Now you can boot in Snow Leopard. Once the installation is done, set your own preferences.